Worldwide Traceuse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the worldwide traceuse community

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Satisfying Women's Shoe Alternative

Go down 
+4
stableboy
elevation
Tebbi
Alphfie
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Alphfie

Alphfie

Female Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-05-21

A Satisfying Women's Shoe Alternative Empty
PostSubject: A Satisfying Women's Shoe Alternative   A Satisfying Women's Shoe Alternative I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 11:16 pm

Trust me, I know how hard it is to find parkour shoes made specifically for women Mad . That's why I've been researching some alternatives. Lately, I've been roadtesting a couple shoes and comparing them. Over the next couple weeks, I'll have some info posted on the Kswiss Kirov and an alternative I've found rather satisfying: the Nike Air Max 90 Trainer I (II for the more recent model).

Something I would like to state at the very beginning, this shoe is NOT made specifically for parkour. It is a crosstraining shoe designed for women. But before you turn away, know that the roadtest weilding some suprising results. Here are a few reasons why the Air Max 90s have proven worthy.

1) They are designed specifically for women's feet.
Unlike the Kirov's, the women's Air Max 90 is designed to fit a woman's foot. This means excellent arch-support and a glove fit. As most of you already imagined, the women's Kirov is exactly the same as the men's, except it comes in pink Evil or Very Mad . You may be pleased to hear that Nike actually did research on women's exercising needs and met them with this shoe. Also, they don't come in hideous colors. Mine are all black.

2) They provide excellent arch-support and a snug fit.
As mentioned before, because these shoes are made for women, they fit beautifully. That means no having to worry about your feet sliding back and forth in the shoes, and strong arch-support ultimately means relief on your feet. However, as these shoes are not designed specifically for parkour, they do lack a certain amount of "give," which can cause potential heel problems. This can be remedied, however, with the proper heel, toe, or sole inserts.

3) They are extremely lightweight.
The Air Max 90s are the prime example of athletic prowess in a shoe. They feel virtually weightless on your feet, and in addition to the snug fit, you may as well be training barefoot.

4) Incredible grip--these shoes could grip ice! (exaggeration, obviously lol! )
I've tested these shoes on multiple surface often encountered in parkour, specifically concrete (including brick, gravel, and cobblestone) and wood. The results were amazing. The Air Max 90 provided a sure-footed, no-slip-grip on all surfaces*, even the most smoothly sanded woods I could find. When it came to hauling myself over walls, the shoes provided definite stability the whole time. The shoes tend to grip concrete better than wood, but the "wood-test" revealed satisfying results as well.
*Note: all surface testing was done on dry surfaces.

However, there are some CONS about the Air Max 90

1) As stated before, the shoes have little to no "give" when it comes to landing, which can make the landings more intense and in extreme cases damaging. However, also stated before, this can be remedied with the proper inserts.

2) Breathability is poor. In fact, the shoe has virtually no breatheability whatsoever. So, if stinky feet really get to you that much, these shoes are not for you. No

3) Flexibility is only decent. For being so incredibly lightweight, the Air Max 90s take a long time to break in. But the more you use them, the better they will feel!

I'm still roadtesting the Kswiss Kirov's. I will have the full review posted for them as soon as possible.
Thanks!

-Alphfie
Back to top Go down
Tebbi
Admin
Tebbi

Female Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: A Satisfying Women's Shoe Alternative   A Satisfying Women's Shoe Alternative I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 1:19 am

How are the Kirovs going?
Back to top Go down
https://traceuse.forumotion.com
Alphfie

Alphfie

PostSubject: Re: A Satisfying Women's Shoe Alternative   A Satisfying Women's Shoe Alternative I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 3:23 am

Still working on them. I haven't had a lot of time to parkour recently. As soon as I do, I'll post the results!
Back to top Go down
elevation

elevation

Amount of time doing parkour : have a brilliant and random sense of humour and im rarely offended. quite a happy person :)
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: A Satisfying Women's Shoe Alternative   A Satisfying Women's Shoe Alternative I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 5:59 pm

just DO NOT i repeat DO NOT buy kswiss ariakes, they have little grip and are death traps when they get wet
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/-GoDs-ReCePtIoNiSt-
Alphfie

Alphfie

PostSubject: Re: A Satisfying Women's Shoe Alternative   A Satisfying Women's Shoe Alternative I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 6:27 pm

Quote :
just DO NOT i repeat DO NOT buy kswiss ariakes, they have little grip and are death traps when they get wet

Well, elevation, you'll find that most shoes are death traps when they get wet. That is usually a given. If you're looking to avoid slipping in wet weather, just avoid it all together.
Back to top Go down
stableboy

Female Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Nike Pegasus   A Satisfying Women's Shoe Alternative I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 6:48 am

There are Nike Air (forgot to put nike and air haha) Pegasus for women, so the fit is addressed well.
Great grip, specially for transition between concrete, grass/ground and back
Sufficient support while allowing you to still feel the terrain
Great ventilation

Last edited by stableboy on Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sprite

Sprite

Female Number of posts : 27
Amount of time doing parkour : Since January 2008

PostSubject: Agreed   A Satisfying Women's Shoe Alternative I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 10:33 pm

stableboy wrote:
There are Pegasus for women, so the fit is addressed well.
Great grip, specially for transition between concrete, grass/ground and back
Sufficient support while allowing you to still feel the terrain
Great ventilation

Yeah i have nike air pegasus, they are good i find, i've had them since i started, and they're only starting to wear down
Back to top Go down
http://www.pkire.com
stableboy

Female Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Nike Air Pegasus   A Satisfying Women's Shoe Alternative I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 8:02 am

Sprite: have you found the Air Pegasus slippery on particular surfaces?
Back to top Go down
Sprite

Sprite

Female Number of posts : 27
Amount of time doing parkour : Since January 2008

PostSubject: Re: A Satisfying Women's Shoe Alternative   A Satisfying Women's Shoe Alternative I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 5:48 pm

stableboy wrote:
Sprite: have you found the Air Pegasus slippery on particular surfaces?

Certain walls, but that's probly because i'm not putting enough push into the wall, the surface of the wall is the issue there not the Pegasus', i'm pretty confident with the Pegasus'
Back to top Go down
http://www.pkire.com
Chimp

Chimp

Female Number of posts : 28
Amount of time doing parkour : 9 months
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: A Satisfying Women's Shoe Alternative   A Satisfying Women's Shoe Alternative I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 7:22 am

The best shoes I ever had were/are the Asics Gel-Frantic 2 if I wasn't so tired I'll write my own review about it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/j2sweet
Tebbi
Admin
Tebbi

Female Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: A Satisfying Women's Shoe Alternative   A Satisfying Women's Shoe Alternative I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 6:26 pm

I just got Nike Compete running shoes but i haven't broken them in yet but i'll let ye know
Back to top Go down
https://traceuse.forumotion.com
ycix

Female Number of posts : 3
Amount of time doing parkour : juli 2006
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: A Satisfying Women's Shoe Alternative   A Satisfying Women's Shoe Alternative I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 2:19 am

i gonna try the kalenji success lady, people say they`re nice, but i don`t know.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ycix.hyves.nl
Malefic

Female Number of posts : 2
Amount of time doing parkour : I'm walking and jogging for about 2 hours a day to get my stamina up.
Registration date : 2009-07-16

PostSubject: Re: A Satisfying Women's Shoe Alternative   A Satisfying Women's Shoe Alternative I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 4:44 am

FiveTen has a few Freerunner models made for women, I can't remember the model names.......Has anyone tried them? I'd like to know if they're any good before buying.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Satisfying Women's Shoe Alternative   A Satisfying Women's Shoe Alternative I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Satisfying Women's Shoe Alternative
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Worldwide Traceuse :: Parkour :: Parkour/Freerunning-
Jump to: