Worldwide Traceuse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the worldwide traceuse community

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What Parkour DOES to people?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tebbi
Admin
Tebbi

Female Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-05-13

What Parkour DOES to people? Empty
PostSubject: What Parkour DOES to people?   What Parkour DOES to people? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 8:25 pm

Okay, so let's discuss Razz
What does parkour DO to people?

What effect does it have on them?

What changes happen when you begin parkour?

Do traceurs/ traceuses become more ... disciplined? Confident? Courageous? Out-going? Healthier?

Does it make you want to put down the chocolate and go for a run ? Razz

What about it's effect on on-lookers?
Back to top Go down
https://traceuse.forumotion.com
Pipz

Pipz

Female Number of posts : 12
Amount of time doing parkour : 2 months
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: What Parkour DOES to people?   What Parkour DOES to people? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 12:10 am

What parkour does to people?
It makes you see life in a different way. It makes you healthier overall and more aware of your fitness levels and what you need to improve. It keeps you off the streets and gives you something to do. It gives you a sense of achievement when your finally able to get that movement done that you've had to work on. It gives you a worldwide community in which you have something in common.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/nicki_pipz
Ixek

Ixek

Female Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: What Parkour DOES to people?   What Parkour DOES to people? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 5:08 am

Well I really agree... but I notice that when you start formerly practising parkour all your life changes.. you eat healthier, you think more positive, your are more opened to challenges and less ofuscated by frustration (even when you can get frustated in the middle of a training), and parkour gives you more confidence as well as a better self control and you realise how capable you are to do things that you didn't think you could even do... the moste important thing might be the ability to better know yourself, your mind, your body and understand it Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.urbanrunners.net
Sprite

Sprite

Female Number of posts : 27
Amount of time doing parkour : Since January 2008
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: What Parkour DOES to people?   What Parkour DOES to people? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 2:31 am

Pipz wrote:
It keeps you off the streets and gives you something to do.

Haha, I think it takes you to the streets Razz

I agree with all said in reply's.

I know my life has changed a hell of a lot, for better and for worse, i've learned a lot of lessons, i've learned a lot about myself, the world, about others, about a good few hings in general too. Injuries taken into account, they didn't all come at the best times, during my leaving cert for example, the mocks i think.
Anyways..

i know i love parkour and i love the boyfrind and the friends i have thanks to parkour, and i always will I love you
Back to top Go down
http://www.pkire.com
Biothief

Female Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-09-04

PostSubject: Re: What Parkour DOES to people?   What Parkour DOES to people? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 1:33 am

It makes what holds you back/fear/mental block more tangible and confrontable. Competition with one's self. It's easier to physically workout this block than say, talking to a therapist. I'm working on my precision jumps and the fear of pain (catching my feet on something) is worse than pain itself. Focuses my frustration of not doing the technique at all, then I just do it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Parkour DOES to people?   What Parkour DOES to people? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Parkour DOES to people?
Page 1 of 1